Protecting Your Career, Your Reputation and Your Liberty In The Wake Of Sex Crime Charges
Many sex crime charges are leveled against people who are not hardened, repeat criminals. Often, the accused individual is the CEO of a major corporation, a respected doctor, a local politician or another prominent member of society – which means that charges of this kind can be devastating to the accused and their families. In addition to staving off the possibility of incarceration, the accused needs to safeguard his or her reputation and career.
At Difenderfer, Rothman, Haber & Mancuso, P.C., we understand the unique challenges involved in defending against sex crime charges. Our team of Pittsburgh-based attorneys has a well-established reputation for providing sophisticated, aggressive defense against these and other serious criminal charges. More than 25,000 individuals across Pennsylvania have confidently entrusted their futures to our firm; you can do so, too.
Defending Against A Spectrum Of Allegations
Difenderfer, Rothman, Haber & Mancuso, P.C. provides premier defense representation for clients facing charges such as:
- Rape: Rape and other sexual assault charges involve sexual acts either through force or threat of force. Statutory sexual assault involves sex by an adult with someone else who is under the legal age of consent.
- Child pornography and other internet crimes: Our attorneys know how to defend against charges of possessing, creating or distributing child pornography. We are also skilled in combating other internet-related offenses such as criminal solicitation, unlawful dissemination or transfer of obscene or intimate image, unlawful contact with a minor and similar crimes.
- Child sexual assault: There are particularly strict penalties, including mandatory minimum prison sentences, for child sexual assault in Pennsylvania.
- Prostitution and solicitation: Although prostitution is quite common in all walks of life, there are still strong penalties for engaging in it.
- Failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements: If you have been ordered to register as a sex offender under Megan’s Law or SORNA (Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act), there are strict guidelines and severe penalties for any failure to comply. Our attorneys can defend you against these charges.
Although the outcome is the most important aspect of a sex crime case, reputation management is also critical. Our attorneys are well-versed in image protection. We will do everything possible to help you not only avoid the sex offender registry but also avoid undue publicity that could have you wrongly convicted in the court of public opinion.
Contact Difenderfer, Rothman, Haber & Mancuso, P.C.
In our decades of experience, we have learned that time is of the essence. The sooner we get involved, the more we can do to defend you. Call (412) 338-9990 or contact us online as soon as possible to schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney at our firm.