Top-Tier Advocacy In High-Stakes Cases
Our criminal defense lawyers have earned a reputation for their outstanding trial skills in the most sensitive and high-profile cases.
The Pittsburgh Criminal Defense
Attorneys You Want On Your Side
Facing Criminal Charges?
Get a powerful team on your side if you have been charged with any state or federal crime.
Take action to protect yourself if you suspect that the FBI or police are watching you.
Contact our appellate and post-conviction team to ensure any errors which may have led to a wrongful conviction or unfair sentence do not go uncorrected.
As Seen On…
What Sets Our Criminal Defense Team Apart?
sThe law firm of Difenderfer Rothman & Haber is highly respected by members of the legal community – including judges, prosecutors and law enforcement officers – across Western Pennsylvania and beyond. Thousands of individuals charged with crimes in state and federal court can attest to our legal acumen and our passion for getting clients their desired results.
So what makes us such a trusted choice when your freedom and future are on the line? Here are a few reasons:
- Over 100 years of experience – Together, our attorneys bring more than 100 years of combined experience to your aid.
- Insider knowledge – Two of our partners are former Pittsburgh prosecutors and therefore, we truly understand the government’s tactics. We know how to best counter the prosecution’s strategies to protect your rights.
- Court appearances daily – We are in court every single day, appearing regularly before judges in courthouses across Western Pennsylvania. We know how to navigate the judicial system and we have built strong working relationships within that system to get you the results you deserve.
- Skill in high-profile cases – Our firm has handled numerous cases that have garnered significant news coverage. We know exactly what it takes to shield you from as much negative publicity as possible in these difficult situations. Our clients regularly include doctors, lawyers, business professionals, athletes and other high-profile clients.
- Tens of thousands of cases handled – We have successfully defended more than 25,000 people accused of everything from health care fraud to sex crimes to homicide. You can rely on us to defend you, too.
- Federal, state and appeals – We are highly experienced in federal court, state court and the appellate courts. No matter where your case ends up and no matter what stage of the proceedings your case is in, we will represent you.
- “Not guilty” verdicts – Our team is composed of battle-tested professionals who have won multiple “not guilty” verdicts, including in death penalty cases, which is a rare feat.
- Reversals on appeal – Our firm has established a robust appellate and post-conviction practice led by attorneys who have won numerous reversals of convictions, reductions in sentences, and other meaningful relief for their clients on appeal.
- Representation during investigation phase – Our team is well-equipped to represent you if you are under investigation, have been asked to come in for questioning, or have not yet been charged. Our highly skilled attorneys know how to protect your rights against the tactics commonly employed by law enforcement with the singular goal of preventing charges from ever being filed against you.
- Accolades – Attorney William H. Difenderfer was honored with inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine every year from 2017 to 2020. You can rest assured that your case is in good hands.
Call Difenderfer Rothman & Haber at (412) 338-9990 today to get the legal team you need. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh, close to the Allegheny County Courthouse, the Pittsburgh Municipal Courthouse, the Federal Courthouse for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Allegheny County Jail.
“One of the best in the business. Not only an excellent legal mind, but has a heart and soul as well. Willing to go the ‘extra mile;’ knows that the courtroom is a battle zone and comes fully locked and loaded for the impending war that is waged there.”
— LinkedIn review
“Diff is the best attorney in Pittsburgh. Hands down. He has saved my life more than once. Incredibly respected by all D.A.s and judges. And has a lot of pull and power in the courtrooms.”
— Google+ review
“Bill Difenderfer is the most honest, smartest attorney that I have ever met in my life. I would of not been able to get through the mess I got myself into about 4 years ago without him.”
— Avvo.com review
“100% straight up with clients, well prepared, and sharp as a tack! If you need a person who can represent well and help prove your innocence, call him!”
— Google+ review